Sunday, June 24, 2007

There is an interesting series of essays in foreign affairs. US presidential candidates present their ideas. Here is Obama's...

Renewing American Leadership
Barack Obama
From Foreign Affairs, July/August 2007

After Iraq, we may be tempted to turn inward. That would be a mistake. The American moment is not over, but it must be seized anew. We must bring the war to a responsible end and then renew our leadership -- military, diplomatic, moral -- to confront new threats and capitalize on new opportunities. America cannot meet this century's challenges alone; the world cannot meet them without America.

2 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Ford said...

Is that the entire article? Good grief.

I reset my party affiliation to "independent" after each election, so I can pick up the ballot where the most fun is to be had. Obama tempts me (as a resident of New Hampshire with its first-in-the-nation beauty contest primary, I have an elevated sense of my own political importance). Then there's a thought that he might actually win. He's so thin, and I don't mean his rather remarkable resemblance to the young Frank Sinatra.

5:49 AM  
Blogger http://wimw-Bachmann.blogspot.com said...

No, this only the first paragraph.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home